KIZTOPIA wishes to assure you that we are committed to ensure that your personal data is protected and not misused under the Personal Data Protection Act.
By registering your interest with us or by transacting or interacting with us whether at our premises, or through our phone lines, website or other channels of communication, you consent to the collection, processing, use, disclosure and retention (collectively known as “processing”) of your Personal Data (as defined below) by us and all persons involved in the provision of services by us.
Collection of Personal Data
Your “Personal Data” which we process may include information which you have previously provided us with or may subsequently provide to us concerning your particulars: Name, NRIC, telephone numbers, address, email address, name cards, signatures, your images and those of your children, or any other information provided by you or obtained by us during your interaction with us.
Purposes of Processing
Your Personal Data may be processed for the following purposes (where relevant):
- To respond to your queries or requests
- To process payments for purchase of our products or services
- To update you on any changes to our policies, terms and conditions and any other matters necessary or relevant to products and services provided to you
- To facilitate our service offerings
- For any disputes, claims or investigations relating to our service or facilities
- To provide marketing, advertising and promotional updates to our products and services
- For customer satisfaction surveys, profiling and analysing of product popularity and stability
- To monitor or improve our products or services provided to you
- To enable third parties to provide services to you on behalf
- For verification of identities to allow provision of necessary services
- To enforce our legal and/or contractual rights
- To deter, detect and investigate crime (e.g. theft, fraud, corruption etc.)
For any purposes that is incidental or ancillary to the above purposes.
Access and Update of Personal Data
As long as your personal data is processed or being processed by us, you have a right to access or update your personal data. For access, please note that we may impose a fee, which will be communicated to you before any access. No fees will be charged to update your Personal Data.
Any request to access or update must be made in writing via the email stated below and addressed to the Data Protection Officer. We will carry out the necessary action within 14 business days, unless:
- Information provided by you is incomplete or insufficient to facilitate such request
- Expense of providing access is disproportionate to your interests
- Access would disclose confidential commercial information
- Other individual’s personal data is likely to be revealed
- We are legally allowed to reject your request
Provision/Request of Personal Data on Behalf of Others
If you wish to provide/request Personal Data of another individual to/from us, you must present us written consent that you have already obtained from that individual and evidence that you have notified him of the purpose before providing/requesting the Personal Data.
For such requests, we will process your own Personal Data for verification purposes, and may conduct verification checks with the concerned individual. For the avoidance of doubt we reserve the absolute discretion whether to provide the said Personal Data.
Data Security Policy
We endeavor to employ all reasonable means to protect your Personal Data. For Personal Data in physical form (e.g. paper documents), access will be on a “need to know” basis, and all physical Personal Data will be kept secured (e.g. locked cabinets).
For Personal Data stored in a computer system or in a storage system, there will be authentication procedures in place, the use of firewalls and storing in secured databases.
Withdrawal of Consent
You can request to stop receiving communication or services from us, or any other kind of processing. Such withdrawals of consent can be:
- Partial (Example: individual requests that we stop processing a mobile number, but not email); or
- Complete (Example: an individual request that we stop processing all personal data).
Consequences of Withdrawal of Consent
In the event you do not wish to consent to the processing of your Personal Data or wish to withdraw your consent, please note that we may not be able to (where relevant):
- Respond to your requests/queries
- Sell you any products or services
- Provide updates on any changes or notify matters necessary or relevant to products/services provided to you
- Provide warranty related services
- Start or continue business and commercial activities with you and/or your company
- Provide you details of our events
Please write to our Data Protection Officer at the email below should you want to withdraw your consent from receiving communications from us or for us to process your Personal Data.
Disclosure to Third Parties
In processing your Personal Data, we may disclose your personal data to the following third parties:
- Any person/organization to whom we are compelled to do so under the law
- Any contractor, agent, or third party that provides or assists or facilitates us in mailing services, product services and repairs, processing product purchases, financial services, audit services, administrative services, IT technologies (e.g. data storage, data security), security services, insurance claims
- Third parties that assist us in providing service/responses to you/your requests
If you wish to send in any queries or send in any notifications as indicated above, kindly contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com